Magazines, Radio, Message Boards & Blogs
Engaged Spirituality for a Living Earth
'GreenSpirit' presents an ideal view of life with practical application. It is a joyful, inspiring and uplifting read.
- Satish Kumar
For many of us, it's the spirit running through that limitless span of green organisations and ideas that anchors all the work we do. And 'GreenSpirit' is an invaluable source of insight, information and inspiration.
- Jonathon Porritt
GreenSpirit magazine, which is free for members, is published in both print and electronic form several times a year. Each issue includes essential topics connected with Earth-based spirituality. It honours Nature as a great teacher, celebrates the creativity and connectedness of all life and of the cosmos, affirms biodiversity and human differences and honours the prophetic voice of artists.
GreenSpirit is a network of people who celebrate the human spirit in the context of our place in the natural world and Earth's own evolutionary journey. Our radical vision brings together the rigour of science, the creativity of artistic expression, the passion of social action and the wisdom of spiritual traditions of all ages. Attracting those of many faith traditions, we are a body of people who believe that human life has both an ecological and a spiritual dimension. Together we:
* celebrate all existence as deeply connected and sacred
* understand humanity as integral to the planetary landscape rather than its distinguishing feature
* find inspiration in the traditions of Earth-based peoples and Celtic spirituality
* are exploring the unfolding story of the Universe and promote common ground between people in the context of this vision
* seek to redress the balance of masculine and feminine and befriend darkness as well as light
* create ceremonies and celebrations which connect us more consciously with the cycle and seasons of the Earth
* seek a more just, sustainable and peaceful way of life in harmony with the Earth