Articles about Spirituality
Spirit guides are there for the purpose of giving you guidance in living your life to the fullest. We all have or can have a guide if we choose. Spirit guides are often referred to as guardians or angels. If you believe that you do have a spirit guide, but the information you receive is less then beneficial, the spirit guide is most likely something else. There are several different types of spirit guides people have.
One type of guide is called an ascended master. This type of spirit guide who is a entity that lived a physical life at one point and has moved on to a higher form of existence. An ascended master spirit guides helps people who are practicing some type of spiritual discipline. This could be meditation, yoga, reiki or a deep religious, spiritual conviction. It is thought that ascended masters will have access to the akashic records, which can be a huge benefit for the spiritual practitioner.
Another type of guide is the ancestral guide. This type of guide is one who has had some kind of family relationship with you. They tend to be someone who loved you very much and someone you trusted. These guides are often thought of as relatives who have become angels. An ancestral guide can be very helpful in guiding you through the daily ups and downs of life. Be aware that sometimes their wisdom is not far from your own.
There is also the teacher guide. This type of spirit guide will appear in different forms depending on your cultural and religious background. They may appear as an historical figure, wise old man or a guru. They appear in the form that will be most beneficial to you in your current situation. Teacher spirit guides appear when there is something we need to learn. Teacher spirit guides often will introduce you to other teacher spirit guides as the need arises. They tend to come when there is a need and once the answer or need is fulfilled they move on.
Animal guides tend to appear more with people who have a deep connection with nature. Animal spirit guides are also very common with people in native communities. This is believed to be so because of their cultural background. These guides can be an old loved pet that just wants to stay around or they can be full blown guides with all the wisdom one needs.
There are times when a person attempts to contact a guide and they get something completely different. Some things to look out for if you may be suspect of your spirit guide.
1. The spirit picked you for a message that no one else is being told and you are above all others and the only one this message can be told to. Of course if the message is of a highly personal nature there is a reason for it. This is a form of ego stroking
2. The spirit talks to you about magical things that you have done and can do that no one else can. Again ego stroking
3. The spirit likes it when you tell others about the experience, but tries to get you to stay away from those who think the spirit is bad. Ego stroking of the spirit.
4. The spirit instructs you that you are in danger and they are there to protect you from evil spirits. The spirit creates situations where they need to protect you. This is a form of ruling through fear.
5. The guide comes to you for help, instead of coming to help you.
6. The information you receive is not that helpful, except in terms of stroking your ego.
7. The spirit passes along negative information about others around you in an attempt for you to break off relationships with them.
The author Paul Andrew Todd was born in Cincinnati, Ohio and Since a very early age Paul has had a interest in metaphysics. He has read and studied extensively in the fields of spirituality, metaphysics, religion, mind control and other personal improvement areas. Paul has been a certified hypnotherapist for thirteen years. He graduated from the Cincinnati School of Hypnosis in 1996. Paul also has been practicing meditation daily since 1994. He is a trained yoga teacher and meditation instructor. Paul learned yoga at Rishikesh Yogpeeth in India. Since early 2009 Paul has been traveling the world and living on the road.