Animals Have Souls, Too
Who has the authority to edit the 7 Principles?
It is sad that Ministers who read the 7 Principles* at the beginning of Sunday services have to add at the end of the list that many Spiritualists believe that the Principles do not only apply to the human soul, that they also apply to animal souls.
And if someone can edit the 7 Principles, why not also do something about the sexist words "Fatherhood", "Brotherhood" and "Man"? Why do we have to be reminded of the sexist attitudes of the Victorian era each time we meet to celebrate Spiritualism?
*Spiritualism is a philosophy based on seven principles:
1. The Fatherhood of God.
2. The Brotherhood of Man.
3. The Communion of Spirits and the Ministry of Angels.
4. The Continuous Existence of the [human] soul.
5. Personal Responsibility.
6. Compensation and Retribution hereafter for all the good or evil deeds done on earth.
7. Eternal Progress open to [human] every soul.
Messages In This Thread
- Please someone: Edit the 7 Principles to Include Animals -- Sarah